LYNDHURST, N.J. -- A faulty electrical appliance in a dentist's office closed for Good Friday sparked a fire that consumed a multi-use Lyndhurst building, Fire Chief Paul Haggerty told Daily Voice.
The Stuyvesant Avenue building, which also housed two apartments, was demolished on Saturday.
No one was hurt in the blaze, called in at 4:50 p.m. Haggerty said.
A bull terrier was rescued from the building, and all of the animals were removed safely from the nearby Humane Society a few doors down.
"It's an old building with several ceilings," the chief said. "It spread instantly. We had no chance."
A brick wall kept the flames from spreading to a dry cleaners next door. READ MORE....
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.